EUROMIL project for 2024 European Elections
On this Europe Day (9 May 2023) and in light of the 2024 European Elections, EUROMIL launches its project for the European Elections for a more inclusive Europe for Military Personnel.
Each week EUROMIL will publish an article on the needs and rights of military personnel at a European level as well as the necessary steps to move closer in building a European Defence Union with interoperable, integrated and capable Armed Forces to deal with emerging challenges, traditional warfare and effectively protect European citizens. But European military personnel should enjoy equal and adequate working and social rights, especially when trained, work and are deployed together under an EU framework.
- The Right of Association in the Armed Forces – Citizen in Uniform
- The interconnected relationship between Climate Change and the Military Sector
- The EU should not miss the chance of a timely implementation of the Strategic Compass
- The EU should focus on building a common military culture
- Gender Equality and Diversity in the Armed Forces
- The EU should prioritise fair regulations for military personnel in the Working Time Directive
- The Unseen Battle: Mental Health Challenges for Military Personnel
- Fostering Well-being and Equality: Advancing Social Policies for Military Personnel