Vacancy: Project Assistant (Paid Internship)
EUROMIL is currently looking for a dynamic Project Assistant (Paid Internship) with effective organisational skills and ability to handle multiple tasks in a small team. The Project Assistant will support the Office in Brussels based on EUROMIL’s annual activity plan.
1. Social and labour policy
- Monitor policy developments in the field of social and labour legislation at European level.
- Assist in undertaking secondary research and advocacy work on social and labour rights of military personnel.
2. Communication management
- Maintain the website and social media pages of EUROMIL active and updated.
- Assist in the development and promotion of EUROMIL’s communications and public relations activities.
3. Office support
- Assist in liaising with EUROMIL member associations.
- Assist in the organisation of EUROMIL meetings, events, training sessions and any current project.
- Assist in liaising with and advocating at the EU Institutions, Council of Europe, OSCE, NATO and the UN.
- Attend partner meetings as well as external conferences and seminars and report when required.
- Any other task as may be required.
- Academic degree (minimum 3 years of higher education), preferably in social sciences or social law.
- Strong interest for human rights and/or social affairs. Interest and knowledge of European affairs and/or security and defence issues is a plus.
- Previous internship in an international environment, especially in EU public affairs will be valued.
- Excellent proficiency in oral and written English. Knowledge of other European languages is an asset.
- Excellent computer literacy. Knowledge of social media and website editing is a requirement.
- Strong organisational skills, with strong attention to details and a proactive attitude. Ability to work with minimum supervision and as part of a small team.
- Good interpersonal and intercultural skills. Ability to build external relationships.
- Availability to travel abroad when required.
EUROMIL will offer the selected candidate a paid internship contract for 6 months from 1 November 2019 to 30 April 2020 (Convention d’Immersion Professionnelle).
Applications, including a detailed CV and a letter of motivation should be sent by email to email@example.com with the title “Project Assistant – Internship” by 2 September 2019 at noon. Interviews will be conducted on 17 September 2019 during working hours.